ISRAEL ADESANYA puts his middleweight title on the line against Yoel Romero at UFC 248 on Saturday night in Las Vegas.
The 30-year-old ‘Last Stylebender’ headlines the stacked card which also features Joanna Jedrzejczyk challenging Zhang Weili for the Women’s Strawweight title.
Adesanya has yet to taste defeat in the UFC, and comes into the fight after a devastating second-round win over Robert Whittaker back in October. The veteran Romero, 42, has lost his last two fights, though both were by decisions.
When is UFC 248?
- UFC 248 takes place on Saturday, March 7.
- The early prelims begin at 11.30pm UK time, with the prelims then starting at 1am.
- The main card starts from 3am UK time – that is 7pm over in Vegas.
Which TV channel and live stream can I watch it on?
Viewers in the UK can catch all of the action on BT Sport 2 on TV for subscribers.
The show will be live streamed or on BT Sport’s website and app.
The early prelims (from 11.30pm) will be shown on UFC’s Fight Pass for subscribers.
What is the full card?
Main card (from 3am – on BT Sport 2)
- Israel Adesanya (champion) vs Yoel Romero (UFC middleweight title)
- Zhang Weili (c) vs Joanna Jędrzejczyk (UFC women’s strawweight title)
- Beneil Dariush vs Drakkar Klose (lightweight)
- Neil Magny vs Li Jingliang (welterweight)
- Alex Oliveira vs Max Griffin (welterweight)
Preliminary card (from 1am – on BT Sport 2)
- Sean O’Malley vs Jose Alberto Quinonez (bantamweight)
- Mark Madsen vs Austin Hubbard (lightweight)
- Rodolfo Vieira vs Saparbek Safarov (middleweight)
- Gerald Meerschaert vs Deron Winn (middleweight)
Early preliminary card (from 11.30pm – on UFC Fight Pass)
- Emily Whitmire vs Polyana Viana (women’s strawweight)
- Danaa Batgerel vs Guido Cannetti (bantamweight)
Adesanya to win: 2/5
Romero to win: 2/1
What have they said?
Adesanya: “I’ve seen this guy quit. ‘Stoolgate’. That tells me what kind of person he is. You see him cheat, grabbing the inside of the gloves, grabbing the fence, and they call these ‘veteran moves’.
“I’ve played against one of the best and most crafty veterans in Anderson Silva and all his fugazi and it didn’t work on me. I’m too clued onto it … I’ve seen it before.”
Romero: “Of course. I’ve got to finish. I don’t want to go too crazy hard, but I need to finish the fight. Me and my team have the plan to knock him out. When he makes the little one mistake – boom.”