UNAI EMERY has sensationally REJECTED the Newcastle job – because the new Saudi owners ‘have no clear vision’.
The Spaniard, currently in charge at Villarreal, was being lined up to replace Steve Bruce at St James’ Park.
They even hoped to have Emery in his new post by the weekend so he could lead the team against Brighton.
But according to the BBC, the former Arsenal manager, 50, will turn down the approaches because of the lack of clear direction after the mega-money takeover.
Spanish football expert Guillem Balague said: “Emery felt a huge pressure on the day of their match [against Young Boys on Tuesday].
“And then there was the lack of a clear vision from the club.
“If you want him, do you approach him in such a rushed way, without an official offer and with it coming out from the English side that it is all practically done?
“To build a club with the money available to Newcastle you need to bring a manager that will have total power to create the necessary structure to win regularly.
“I feel those in charge now don’t have that experience and want to be the ones taking decisions.
“Manchester City brought the best people in each department. At the moment that is not happening at Newcastle.
“I feel there’s too much emotion and not enough logical and calmed approach at the club. Imagine what would happen if things go wrong.
“I don’t see this move happening now this season. Maybe next year when the club’s structure is clearer and the vision more defined.”
Emery was quizzed about the Newcastle links following the 2-0 win over Young Boys in the Champions League.
He admitted there had been initial contact but nothing was signed.
The four-time Europa League winner said: “There has been interest from Newcastle. Before saying yes or no I will talk to the club.
“I have not said ‘no’ to Newcastle. If this gets confirmed I will talk to the Villarreal directors.
“I have spoken to the chairman and told him there is interest but no offer yet, which will have to be to me and the club.”
More to follow…