Max Verstappen has been voted fans’ favourite F1 star but Lewis Hamilton dwarfs his ‘popularity’ on Instagram.
The sport’s biggest ever fan survey reveals Mercedes’ world champ Hamilton has 23million followers, compared to 6m for Red Bull’s table-topping Verstappen.
Motroung specialists Grange suggest Interest in F1 stars has been revved up by Netflix series Drive To Survive and Twitch.
And Hamilton’s fellow Brit Lando Norris is shooting up the list
These are they key findings::
- Verstappen may be winning in the Championship and has came out as the favourite driver in the fan vote but Hamilton is winning on Instagram with 23 million followers compared to Max’s 6 million.
- Lando Norris was second favourite driver in the fan vote, but he has the highest Instagram engagement rate of any driver at 13.28 per cent.
- McLaren has jumped to the top as people’s favourite team and is also the most followed team with 8million Instagram followers.
- Out of the top three teams according to the survey results Ferrari has the biggest engagement rate at 1.28 per cent.
- Hamilton can still earn the most from his Instagram getting an estimated $48,550 to $80,916 per post (about £35k to £58k).