CANELO ALAVREZ is back as he returns in style against Caleb Plant in a massive super-middleweight undisputed title fight.
Alvarez was last in action back in May, when he TKO’d Billy Joe Saunders in the 8th round of their title clash in Texas.
Plant has had to wait a little longer for this fight, having not fought since January, when he outpointed Caleb Truax.
And now the pair will clash with Alvarez’s WBA, WBO, WBC and Ring Magazine titles on the line, while Plant will put his IBF strap up for grabs too.
When is Canelo vs Plant?
- Canelo Alvarez’s big fight with Caleb Plant will take place on Saturday, November 6.
- The fight will emanate from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- There should be close to 15,000 fans in attendance at the huge event.
- Canelo vs Plant will get underway in the early hours of Sunday, November 7 for fans in the UK, with ring-walks set for around 4am GMT.
What channel is it and can it be live streamed?
- Alvarez’s clash with Plant will be shown live on BT Sport Box Office in the UK.
- You can live stream the action from the BT Sport Box Office app, which is available for download onto your mobile or tablet device.
- The event will set you back £19.95.
Canelo vs Plant FULL CARD
- Canelo Alvarez vs Caleb Plant – super-middleweight
- Anthony Dirrell vs Marcos Hernandez – super-middleweight
- Rey Vargas vs Leonardo Baez – super bantamweight
- Elvis Rodriguez vs Juan Pablo Romero – super-lightweight
What has been said?
“You are not on my level and you will see on November 6. You don’t want to fight now, I promise you,” Alvarez said.
“We come from nothing and we worked hard to be here. For somebody to lie and talk trash about us, that upset Eddy. It is what it is though. We just have to show everyone who we are on November 6.
“Caleb might be on the same level as Saunders and Smith, but he’s not on my level. I respect that he isn’t here to back down. You can see from today that this is definitely going to be a good fight.”
Plant said: “I know only one thing better than proving people right, and that’s proving people wrong. I’ve been doing that my whole life. As soon as I stepped on the stage, people started talking about what I can’t accomplish and what I can’t do.
“Where I come from, there is no boxing community. There was no other pro I could look to and say that if he can do it, then I can do it. All I had was my mind and my heart.
“I don’t do this to be famous or to get attention. When I first started, it was just me and my dad. No one thought I’d be standing here today.”